Oct 18, 2023 08:00 AM
This event is free, but limited to the first 450 registrants.
2023 Washington Trench-Safety SummitAdd to Calendar
Join us for the 2023 Washington Trench Safety Summit at the Washington State Fairgrounds in Puyallup -- presented by the North American Excavation Shoring Association (NAXSA) and OSHA Region 10.
Click here to register.
Summit speakers and presentation topics include:
- Kevin Malloy (NAXSA President) - overview and future of the industry
- David Conley (WA L&I) - WA L&I’s updated shoring and trenching emphasis
- Mandi Kime (AGCW) - mental health in construction
- Kemp Garcia (NUCA) - 811 dig law prevention / hydrovac technologies
- John Meissner, PE (DH Charles Engineering) - engineering standards in underground construction
- Brad Chaney (Captain, South King County Fire) - trench fatality incident review and outcome
- South King County Fire and Rescue - demonstration of a mock trench rescue
- plus outside training on test gear, shoring, confined space, traffic control and safety systems
Partners and sponsors for this event include
D.P. Nicoli, United Rentals, National Trench Safety, HERC Rentals, Sunbelt Rentals, Sunstate Equipment, NAXSA, AGC of Washington, 811, Washington NUCA, Pacific Shoring, ARCOSA, Beaver Technology Services, Kloeckner Metals, and the Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center at the University of Washington.
Registration and check-in runs from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. The event is free, but limited to the first 450 registrants. Click here to register.
All transfers or cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee. To clarify, if the event is on Tuesday, you must cancel the Wednesday of the preceding week by 5pm.