Feb 3, 2023 08:00 AM
AGC-WSDOT Partnering and Conflict-Resolution Training (Seattle) -- SOLD OUT!Add to Calendar
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), in conjunction with the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Washington, Inland Northwest AGC and RHA, LLC, will be providing this Partnering and Conflict Resolution training to WSDOT staff and contractor personnel involved in the administration of construction contracts.
The concept of partnering on construction projects has been around since the early 1990s and embraces the principles of --
• trust and open communications.
• All parties addressing and resolving issues and problems promptly and at the lowest possible level.
• All parties striving to develop solutions that are agreeable and meet the needs of everyone involved (win-win approach).
• All parties having identified common goals for the partnership while being aware of and respecting each other’s goals and values.
• Partners seeking input from each other in an effort to find better solutions to the problems and issues at hand. This creates synergy in the relationship that fosters cooperation and improves the productivity of the partnership.
The objective of embracing these Partnering principles is to reduce conflict and disputes on construction contracts that result in wasted time and money that ultimately result in increased costs. Emphasis is placed on revitalizing the Partnering principles and the development of personnel skills that will promote better communication, negotiation and issue-resolving abilities.
Renee Hoekstra of RHA, LLC
AGC members will need to register via this page.
Non-AGC members will need to call or email Michele Willms at 360.352.5000. Cancellations must be received three business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee.
WSDOT staff will register in The Learning Center (TLC). For questions on the course or on registration, please email Jon Keeth.
All transfers or cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee. To clarify, if the event is on Tuesday, you must cancel the Wednesday of the preceding week by 5pm.