Jan 28, 2020 08:00 AM
WSDOT-AGC Partnering & Conflict-Resolution Training - WenatcheeAdd to Calendar
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), in conjunction with the AGC of Washington and RHA, LLC, presents this partnering and conflict-resolution training for WSDOT staff and contractor personnel involved in the administration of construction contracts.
Click HERE to see the event flyer.
The concept of partnering on construction projects has been around since the early 1990s and embraces the principles of:
• Trust and open communications.
• All parties address and resolve issues and problems promptly and at the lowest possible level.
• All parties strive to develop solutions that are agreeable and meet the needs of everyone involved (win-win approach).
• All parties have identified common goals for the partnership and at the same time are aware of and respect each other’s goals and values.
• Partners seek input from each other in an effort to find better solutions to the problems and issues at hand. This creates synergy in the relationship that fosters cooperation and improves the productivity of the partnership.
The objective of embracing these Partnering principles is to reduce conflict and disputes on construction contracts that result in wasted time and money that ultimately result in increased costs. Emphasis is placed on revitalizing the Partnering principles and the development of personnel skills that will promote better communication, negotiation and issue-resolving abilities.
Training runs from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Limited seating available -- register soon!
WSDOT North Central Region Office
2830 Euclid Avenue, Building A - Wenatchee WA 98801
Renee Hoekstra of RHA, LLC
AGC members will need to register via this page.
Non-AGC members must call or email Michele Willms at 360.352.5000.
(Cancelations must be received three business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the course fee.)
WSDOT staff will register in the Learning Management System (LMS).
All transfers or cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee. To clarify, if the event is on Tuesday, you must cancel the Wednesday of the preceding week by 5pm.